KB1055 - Adding or Changing a Course Enrolment Key
Posted by Blair Friesen, Last modified by Blair Friesen on 15 October 2018 11:21 AM
To add or change an enrollment key for a course, do the following from within the course shell. |
IMPORTANT NOTE: The enrolment duration, Start date and end date fields should be used with caution, as student will loose their access to the course based on these fields. For more information on the other self enrolment settings fields, click on the blue question marks beside the individual fields or scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on "Moodle Docs for this page."
- Click on the drop-down gear menu for your course, located near the top-right of the screen (below the profile menu).
- Chose the last option on the drop-down - More...
- Under the Course administration title, click on the Users tab.
- Under the Enrolment methods section, click on Self enrolment (Student).
- Look for the Enrolment key setting (the fourth setting from the top).
- Click on the field entry area, or the grey pencil icon, found to the right of the field.
- To see the characters as you type, click on the grey magnifying glass, found to the right of the field.
- Ensure that the Allow new enrolments field is set to Yes.
- Enter an enrolment key in the Enrolment key field.
- If you want a welcome message to be sent to students at the email provided in their Moodle profiles, click on the Send course welcome message and enter your short message in the Custom welcome message box.
- Click on the [Save changes] button at the bottom of the page.
- Let your students know the enrolment key and how to find your course.