To add or change an enrollment key for a course, do the following from within the course shell:
1) In the Administration block, click on the Users option to expand the menu.
2) Click on Enrolment methods to expand the sub-menu.
3) Edit the Self enrolment method by
- clicking on the edit icon OR
- clicking on Self enrolment in the submenu of the Administration block.
4) Check the Unmask box beside the Enrolment key field.
5) Ensure that the Allow new enrolments field is set to Yes.
6) Enter an enrolment key in the Enrolment key field.
7) If you want a welcome message to be sent to students at the email provided in their Moodle profiles, click on the Send course welcome message and enter your short message in the Custom welcome message box.
8) Click on the [Save changes] button at the bottom of the page.
9) Let your students know the enrolment key and how to find your course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The enrolment duration, Start date and end date fields should be used with caution, as student will loose their access to the course based on these fields. For more information on the other self enrolment settings fields, click on the blue question marks beside the individual fields or scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on "Moodle Docs for this page."