KB1120 - Finding/Viewing a course enrolment key
Posted by Blair Friesen, Last modified by Blair Friesen on 02 January 2018 09:04 AM
You can easily find (and change, if you want) an enrollment key for a course to which you have editing rights. The directions are slight different for the Boost theme, than they are for the Essential theme. This article will explain both.|
For the Boost Theme (Default)
For the Essential Theme
- Click on the drop-down gear menu for your course, located near the top-right of the screen (below the profile menu).
- Chose the last option on the drop-down - More...
- Under the Course administration title, click on the Users tab.
- Under the Enrolment methods section, click on Self enrolment (Student).
- Look for the Enrolment key setting (the fourth setting from the top).
- To see the enrolment key, click on the grey magnifying glass icon, found to the right of the field.
- In the Administration block of your course, click on the Users option to expand the menu. (If you don't see the option, try clicking on Course Administration, first.)
- Click on Enrolment methods to expand the sub-menu.
- Edit the Self enrolment method by clicking on the edit icon OR clicking on Self enrolment (Student) in the sub-menu of the Administration block.
- Ensure that the "Allow existing enrolments" AND "Allow new enrolments" are both enabled (showing "Yes").
- Check the Unmask box beside the Enrolment key field to reveal the key.
- Click on the [Cancel] button at the bottom of the page.
To CHANGE the enrolment key, the instructions are very similar. See Knowledgebase Article KB1055.