KB1178 - Course Tags
Posted by Blair Friesen, Last modified by Blair Friesen on 07 December 2017 10:51 AM
Use a Moodle course tag to identify how the shell is currently used. You may find that, over time, your course shell develops from a simple student resource shell, to a blended learning shell. If that happens, please remember to update your course tag.|
The available course tags are shown below, with a short explanation of their use. Use only one tag per Moodle shell.
Student accessible shells
Employee only shells
- Student Resource/Repository only - contains only student course material covered in class and/or student grades
- Blended - includes online student activities and/or course material that complement face-to-face activity or support independent study
- Fully online- contains most or all of the student resources and activities of the course and students rarely or never meet in the classroom
- SIE student project - project or practice shell for students of the School of Instructor Education
- Department internal use only - accessed by department faculty and staff only
- Non-academic (e.g. VCC Groups or Committees) - has no VCC student enrolments and is not intended
- Employee training - used for training VCC employees
- Sandbox - used by VCC employees to practice Moodle
- Other - anything that doesn't fit any of the other tags
- The only Moodle "activity" in the shell is the assignment activity which is used simply as an assignment drop-box for students to upload their completed work,. Use Student Resource/Repository only, because there's no real ONLINE activity taking place, only a file submission.
- The only Moodle "activity" in the shell is a forum where students are required to participate. Use Blended, because there in an online requirement for the course.