KB1070 - How do I manually add (enrol) students or teachers/instructors into my Moodle course?
Posted by Blair Friesen, Last modified by Blair Friesen on 05 January 2018 08:43 AM
Manually adding (enrolling) Students or Teachers into your Moodle course
Note: This article has been revised to show the instructions for the new default Boost theme.
To enroll someone into one of your courses,
- click on the gear icon, near the top-right of your course's main page
- click More... at the bottom of the drop-down menu
- click on the Users tab (beside the Course administration tab)
- click on Enrolled users, in the Users section
- click on the [Enrol users] button, near the top-right of the Enrolled users page
- IMPORTANT: use the Assign roles drop-down menu to chose the type of role you are about to assign
- in the search field, enter the name or portion of the name of the student or teacher and click on the [Search] button
- find the name in the users found list (If you don't find it, try typing in something else. If you still can't find the name, read Knowledgebase article KB1118 for a potential solution.
- IMPORTANT: If you see multiple instances of the same name, be sure to chose the correct one! If you see a teacher with a student email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), do NOT use that user. Look for the one with the employee email address (e.g, email@example.com)
- click on the [Enrol] button, to the right of the correct name.
- continue to add any other users in this same way, and when you're finished, click on the [Finish enrolling users] button. You should then see the new name/s appear under the list of enrolled users.
Note: This KB article is linked to the OTS Course.