Welcome Back to Moodle!
In order to help make your return to Moodle a little easier, here's a list of the top things you need to know:
- We upgraded from version 2.6 to 2.8, in July. For details on what's changed, check out this page in Moodle: http://moodle.vcc.ca/course/view.php?id=3931 (requires Moodle login)
- DL Support has created and maintains many resources to help you learn Moodle, as well as answer your questions as you develop and deliver your Moodle courses. The most important of these resources is our DL Support page, found at http://cid.vcc.ca/dlsupport or http://dlsupport.kayako.com. This page is also easily accessible from the MY COURSES drop-down menu, as well as the HELP FOR INSTRUCTORS block which you see only when you have editing turned ON in your course. From our support page, you can:
- Search our Knowledgebase
- Submit a Ticket
- View Frequently Asked Questions
- Request a 1-on-1 meeing
- Request a new course shell
- When contacting DL Support, it is extremely helpful if you provide us with your Moodle course ID. This is the number that appears at the end of the URL when you are viewing the main page of your course. (see KB1115 - Using Moodle Course ID)
Here are some examples of useful Knowledgebase Articles:
KB1103 - How do Students get Enrolled in My Course?
KB1111 - Getting Started with Moodle
KB1115 Using Moodle Course ID
KB1104 - Where Do I Get Help With Moodle?
KB1003 - How do I Request a New Moodle Shell?